In response to various peace movements, social organisations, progressive forces and the people in general, the Army of National Liberation kept its word as promised to the whole country, during the ceasefire of offensive operations between December 23rd and January 3rd; demonstrating once again unity and discipline in all its internal structures.
While we kept the end-of-year truce, the Colombian regime continued its genocide against social activists and human rights defenders, committing 9 murders during the 12 days of the truce:
1) 25 Dec: Luis Eduardo Garay, a peasant leader of southern Còrdoba, murdered by troops of the Rifle Batallion.
2) 26 Dec: Javier Enrique Tapias Tabares of the Communal Action Team of Tarazà.
3) 29 Dec: Maye Sarco Dogirama, indigenous leader of the Embera people, in Bahìa Solano, Chocò.
4) 29 Dec: Alejandro Pascal Pai, Governor of the indigenous Reserve Pingullo Sardinero, of Ricaurte, Nariño; his wife was seriously injured.
5) 29 Dec: Luis Fernando Villa, of the association of motorcycle taxis of Tarazà.
6) 31 Dec: Jesùs Adier Parafàn, of the Coraje political organisation, in Caicedonia, Valle del Cauca.
7) 01 Jan: Lidier Alexander Astros Heredia, ex-FARC guerrilla, of the Territorial Area of Training and Reincorporation of San Josè del Guaviare.
8) 01 Jan: Gilberto Valencia, social activist and musician of Suàrez, Cauca.
9) 02 Jan: Luis Angel Peña, Board member of the Communal Council “Los Naranjos” in La Macarena, Meta.
With the same warlike disposition Duque’s Government took advantage to intensify operations against our Fronts. One of these attacks was carried out on 25 December, with the bombardment of our camps in southern Bolivar from 11:40 pm onwards; because of our defensive preparations there were no casualties but there was some material damage.
We will report on other operations of war carried out by the regime against the ELN during the truce, once we have the full internal reports.
National Liberation Army
From the Mountains of Colombia, 4 January 2019